Leeds Cathedral is one of the finest Catholic Cathedrals in England.
Saint Anne's Cathedral is situated in the heart of the Leeds city centre and contrasts with the surrounding new office blocks and the Victorian Town Hall.
The story of St Annes Cathedral begins in 1786 when a Dominican priest, Fr. Albert Underhill, moved the long established Roundhay Mission to premises in the centre of Leeds. In the autumn of that year some rooms were obtained in a building off Briggate to house the mission, and so the town's first Catholic place of worship since the Reformation came into existence.